District 100 Currently has 8 Schools and 3,614 Students from the South Berwyn community
1. District 100 offers Preschool classes in our schools and at community partner sites, and is in its fifth year of dual language programming, and currently offers the program at four elementary schools. All eight schools received commendable school designations and outpaced state academic growth in English language arts and math last year.
2. District 100 has an active STEM program and annually hosts a Students Involved in Technology (SIT) conference for the community.
3. The district recognized for their PBIS implementation and received the PBIS Award. Emerson (Platinum), Hiawatha (Platinum), Irving (Gold), Komensky (Silver), Pershing (Bronze), Piper (Platinum), Heritage (Silver), Freedom (Silver). All eight schools received America’s Healthiest Schools awards, a national recognition from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and The HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchroom awards.
4. District 100 was first recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program in 2012 and most recently, Hiawatha, Irving, and Piper Elementary Schools were recognized as Apple Distinguished Schools for 2019–2022 for continuous innovation in learning, teaching, and the school environment.
5. Piper and Pershing Elementary Schools are recognized as ASCD Whole Child Award winning schools.
6. Piper and Pershing Elementary Schools are recognized as ASCD Whole Child Award winning schools.
7. District 100 offers a robust extracurricular program, including clubs, sports, and a strong focus on the Arts.
The District 100 community is a family of dedicated educators, supportive families, and amazing students!
Mary Havis, Superintendent, Berwyn South School District 100
“ The mission of District 100 is to create inclusive learning environments where students take ownership of their academic and personal growth, embrace diversity, and strive to be positive influencers in our changing world. Our students are leaders, creators, and innovators. They continue to demonstrate success in academics and extracurricular programs, and regularly find unique ways to give back to their community. During the COVID-19 school closures, staff and families have become strong partners in education, working together to ensure students continue learning and remain connected with their teachers and schools. District 100 staff members are proud to serve the students of South Berwyn and are grateful for the partnership and support of the entire community. ”