School District 100 will rank in the top 25% of districts in IL as evidenced by state testing
Berwyn South School District 100 presented the final FY2012 Illinois Standard Achievement Test (ISAT) data to the Board of Education and a standing room only audience of parents, teachers and community members on Wednesday, November 28, 2012. Mary Havis, Irving Elementary Principal and District Director of Assessment, presented the much anticipated data to thunderous applause. “We are extremely proud of our school community for their persistent commitment to the district’s vision of ranking in the top 25% of school districts in the State of Illinois as evidenced by state testing.”
Recap of Ms. Havis’s statements:
- District 100 is experiencing great success as we continue to work our way toward the top 25% of districts in the state of Illinois.
- Across the state, District 100 ranks 53% in students who met or exceeded in both reading and math, 45% in students meeting or exceeding in reading, and 39% in math.
- Individual school rankings within the district continue to improve, with several schools approaching the top 30%.
- In comparison to schools and districts in our similar demographic groups, District 100 students are performing exceptionally well. In both Hispanic and Low-income sub-groups, almost all of our buildings rank in the Top 25%, and several elementary schools are the top ranking school in their particular subgroup and subject.
- We are leaders in the effort to decrease the achievement gap among subgroups. The achievement gap between low-income and non-low income students is shrinking in District 100 and is significantly less than the gap in the state of Illinois in both reading and math.