Berwyn’s Top Seafood Serving Establishments Compete to be “Berwyn’s Best”
WHAT: Berwyn’s Best Seafood Contest – Round 2
WHEN: Through Friday, June 22 at 5:00 PM
WHERE: Online poll can be accessed at: http://bit.ly/BerwynsBestSeafood18round2
WHY: The Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC) asked the public to take a dive into deep sea inspired dishes in search of Berwyn’s Best Seafood. Seafood is an easy meal choice when there are various ways to eat it. From wood grilled to sandwich style to salads and pastas, the options are aplenty in Berwyn. There can only be one winner, though—help the BDC find the most sensational seafood fare in our quest to crown Berwyn’s Best Seafood.
Round 1 included a poll of 11 Berwyn-based establishments that serve seafood on their regular menus. The public was asked to select up to five of their favorite seafood establishments.
The top five establishments that received the most votes identified their favorite seafood dish for the second round of voting. These selections are:
- Autre Monde Cafe & Spirits | 6727 W Roosevelt Rd | Octopus “Gallego Style”: Octopus is wood grilled and served with capers, cherry tomatoes, green beans, sherry vinaigrette & pimentó
- Capri Ristorante Due | 6822 W Windsor Ave | Mayor Lanzillotti Special: Shrimp, vongole, squid, cozze and broccoli over linguini with choice of white or red sauce.
- El Nuevo Vallarta Sports Bar and Grill | 6801 W Cermak Rd | Salmon Tropical: Salmon fillet with mango-buttered sauce, topped with mango-pico de gallo. Served with rice and vegetables.
- Lavergne’s Tavern | 6546 W Windsor Ave | Mexican Scallops: Chile-lime dusted seared scallops with corn esquites, queso fresco, micro cilantro, and lime wedge.
- Los Corrales Taqueria & Restaurant | 6713 W 26th St | Levantamuertos: Spicy Nayarit-style platter of prawns, mussels, octopus, crab legs, shrimp and surimi. Served over a bed of onions with lime and orange garnish.
Vote here until Friday, June 22 at 5:00 PM: http://bit.ly/BerwynsBestSeafood18round2
Round 2 will bring together a group of local judges for a single taste-test event to compare each seafood dish selection side-by-side. Their scores along with another public poll vote will determine the seafood dish that can proclaim to be “Berwyn’s Best.” For more information on the contest, visit whyberwyn.com/shop-berwyn/berwyns-best-contest/.
“Berwyn’s Best” is a promotional program managed by the Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC). Look for additional Berwyn’s Best programming to sample all of the fantastic cuisine in our community.