Jordan Garrett appointed as Instructional Director (iDirector) for Berwyn South School District 100
Ms. Jordan Garrett has been appointed to fill the vacancy of Instructional Director (iDirector) at Berwyn South School District 100 effective October 19, 2015. The iDirector is pivotal in the success of technology in the classroom. Ms. Garrett will facilitate implementation of learning standards, district instructional models, and technology throughout the district. She will oversee 1:1, District iCoaches, site visits, District 100’s iEngage Conference and the Students Involved in Technology (SIT) Conference. Her knowledge and passion will bring this position to a higher level than previously thought possible.
Jordan Garrett was hired in 2010 as a 1st grade co-teacher, a position she held for three years. She also taught 4th grade before becoming one of the District’s iCoaches, traveling throughout the district, instructing and coaching staff on the use, applications and capacity of technology in the classroom. Jordan led the District 100 pilot on iPads in the upper elementary grades across the district, showcasing her dynamic teaching ability.
As an iCoach Jordan sat on the Professional Development Team and was an iSWAT (I’m a student willing to assist with technology) leader. iSWAT has become a successful student leadership club in each of District 100’s 8 schools where Jordan provides students the opportunity to learn, teach and influence others in their buildings.
Jordan’s involvement in Professional Development (PD) is second to none. She has provided in house PD for numerous District 100 events including institute day presentations on app curation, iPad workflow, behavior management, problem/challenge based learning, learning management systems, SAMR model (Substitution Augmentation Modification and Redefinition), tech integration in the Lucy Calkins model, iSWAT, professional learning networks and various Google app tutorials.
Jordan has created and presented workshops and day sessions at numerous technology conferences including developments on Professional Learning Community (PLCs) with Google+ Communities, iSWAT, iPads in the Elementary Classroom, and the iPad Classroom. Her presentations at many of the elite international conferences include:
- Using Instructional Coaches to build a Growth Mindset/ETT (Ed tech teacher) iPad/Boston, MA, 11/15
- Bringing PLCs to Life with Google+ Communities/iPadpalooza/Noblesville, IN, 07/15
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) – iSWAT 3 in 1/Philadelphia PA, 7/15
- Bringing PLCs to Life with Google+ Communities/iEngage/Berwyn South School District 100/Berwyn, IL, 05/15
- iSWAT/Illinois Computing Educators/St. Charles, IL, 2/15
- Bringing PLCs to Life with Google+ Communities/Illinois Computing Educators/St. Charles, IL, 2/15
- iPads in the Elementary Classroom/ EdTechTeacher Assistant Presenter / EdTechTeacher iPad – Summit/Boston, MA, 11/14.
- Bringing PLCs to Life with Google+ Communities/EdTechTeacher iPad Summit/ Boston, MA, 11/14
- Technology in the Elementary Classroom/ EdTechTeacher Assistant Presenter / EdTechTeacher Summer Workshops/ Chicago, IL, 06/14