BERWYN’S TOP 5 BURGERS COMPETE TO BE “BERWYN’S BEST” DURING BURGER BINGE WEEK
Last week, the Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC) sought out Berwyn’s restaurants in search of Berwyn’s Best Burger. We asked the community to let us know their favorite places to grab a burger. Round 1 included a poll of 12 Berwyn-based establishments that serve burgers on their regular menus. The public was asked to select up to 5 of their favorite burger joints.
The top 5 restaurants that received the most votes identified their favorite specialty burger for the second round of voting. These selections are:
- Big Guys Sausage Stand | 7021 W Roosevelt Rd | The Big Guy Burger is a hand-packed burger made fresh daily with their own special blend of whole cuts of meat. It’s served on a brioche bun with American cheese, Thousand Island dressing, shoestring fried onions and kosher pickles.
- Bubba & Bobby’s Beef | 6333 W Ogden Ave | The Bubba Burger is made daily using fresh ground beef and a special seasoning mix. It’s cooked to your liking and then placed on a classic Turano bun with American cheese, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle.
- Cigars and Stripes BBQ Lounge | 6715 W Ogden Ave | The Backyard Burger is an 8 oz. flame-cooked patty on a toasted brioche bun. Made with a touch of their own home-smoked, burnt rib tip ends and topped with iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sweet n’ hot pickles. For an additional $1, you can add bleu, white cheddar, or habanero & ghost cheese!
- Culver’s | 6943 W Roosevelt Rd | The Culver’s Bacon Deluxe starts with fresh, never frozen, Midwest-raised beef and layered with two strips of crisp bacon, Wisconsin cheese, fresh lettuce, ripe tomatoes, pickles, red onion and their signature mayo. It’s served on a lightly buttered and toasted bun.
- Paisans Pizzeria & Bar | 6226 W Ogden Ave | The Ape Hanger is hand formed from a premium mix of ground brisket, short rib and angus and topped with grilled jalapeños, grilled onions, pepper jack cheese, chorizo and guacamole on a pretzel bun.
Vote here until Thursday, May 26 at 5:00 PM: http://bit.ly/BerwynBestBurgerTop5
Round 2 will bring together a group of local judges for a single taste-test event to compare each burger side-by-side. Their scores along with another public poll vote will determine the burger that can proclaim itself as “Berwyn’s Best.” For more information on the contest, visit http://whyberwyn.com/shop-berwyn/berwyns-best-contest/.
“Berwyn’s Best” is a promotional program managed by the Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC). Look for additional Berwyn’s Best programming to sample all of the fantastic cuisine in our community.